Dafydd Llywelyn was elected Police and Crime Commissioner for Dyfed-Powys in May 2016.
Before that he gained extensive experience of working within criminal justice, with more than 13 years at Dyfed-Powys Police. He was the Force’s principal crime and intelligence analyst, before becoming a lecturer in criminology at Aberystwyth University.
Dafydd is the Lead of the APCC Portfolio Group on Police Leadership.
Dafydd's Board Memberships include:
- Digital Policing Board and as part of that he is on the Information and Intelligence Directorate
- Workforce Transformational Board
- National Police Air Service Board
- Police ICT Company Board
- All Wales Criminal Justice Board
- Policing Board for Wales
- All Wales Policing Group, and in 2019/20 was chair of the group.