Jonathan was elected as the Police and Crime Commissioner for Humberside in May 2021.
He has served as a councillor on North Lincolnshire Council for nine years. He was Chair of the Humberside Police and Crime Panel for six years and had other roles within the Council including Ambassador for Steel and Heavy Industry, Vice Chair of Planning, scrutiny chairs and Mayor for two years. In addition, Jonathan has served his community as a Barton Town Councillor for sixteen years.
Jonathan's priorities as PCC are:
- More police on the streets; making sure they are professionally trained and motivated to protect the public and bring offenders to justice
- Tackle drugs and antisocial behaviour while maintaining strong support for victims of crime
- A rebalancing of initiatives between Rural and Urban crime
- Improving access to the police with easier reporting of crime and restoring confidence in the 101 system
- He has also pledged to engage with the public and communities and is open to supporting and developing community initiatives and events.